If there’s one skill that every busy parent has mastered, it’s the art of running late. We get it; the demands of parenthood truly never cease. Unfortunately, that makes it very easy for little details (and even big ones) to be forgotten. So, if you’ve found yourself staring at a screen full of bygone registration deadlines, you’re in luck. We’re here to tell you that your summer can be saved, starting with this selection of summer camps in Boulder that are still open for registration.
Summer Camps in Boulder
Able to Sail
Longmont, Ages 11-18
Able to Sail has a camp curriculum that far surpasses your typical sailing lesson. This is an organization committed to helping kids understand and overcome limiting beliefs of every kind. Their philosophy is that by empowering kids to see inadequacies as mere illusion, they also help them overcome the most common (and most unhealthy) coping mechanisms: drugs, alcohol, violence, suicide, to name a few.
If Able to Sail sounds like a good fit for your child, you may still have a shot at getting in for one of their upcoming sessions:
- July 23 – 26, 10am to 4pm: Please note that this session is for LGBTQ+ and designated allies
- August 6 – 9, 10am to 4pm: Friday, Aug 10th, will be the makeup day pending weather cancellations.
Call Diane at 720-233-8969 to learn more.
ABC Kids Climbing
Boulder, Ages 5-14
ABC Kids Climbing is a great choice for keeping kids busy through the summer (and away from those pesky screens). They offer dates that run into mid-August, so no need to worry if you’re running a little late on registering for summer camp. Be sure to check out all of their programs, which include indoor, outdoor, and hybrid options.
CU Boulder Summer Camps
Boulder, Ages 5+
Believe it or not, there are still a few openings left in a handful of the summer camps being offered by CU Boulder. A few that might interest you include:
- Wild in the Woods. Ages 5-7. Chautauqua Park, July 30 – August 3.
- The Science of Star Wars. Ages 9-11. Main Campus, August 6 – August 10.
- Minecraft Adventure. Ages 8-10. Main Campus, August 6 – August 10.
- Mission to the Edge of Space. Ages 14-18. Main Campus, August 6 – August 10.
You can also ask to be waitlisted if something really catches your eye.
Mackintosh Academy Summer Camps
Boulder, Ages 8+
The summer camp programs offered by Mackintosh Academy are wildly popular; you’ll notice that when you try to register. Most of their camps are all booked up, but (at the time of publishing) there are still openings in a few of their sessions, including:
- Little Medical School: Calling All Future Doctors. Ages 5-10. Offered July 30 – August 3.
- STEM Challenges with LEGO Materials. Ages 8-12. Offered July 30 – August 3.
- Geoscience Adventure Camp. Ages 15+. Offered August 6 – August 10.
- First Time Coders with CodeSpire. Ages 5-8. Offered August 6 – August 10.
If you don’t see something you like in our list, check out the Daily Camera’s comprehensive guide to summer camps in Boulder and the surrounding areas. It may take a little time but finding the perfect camp for your child will be well worth the effort!
Do you know of a Boulder summer camp that still has openings available? If so, feel free to leave the information in the comment section below!